Friday, December 21, 2007

The world has come to this...

We took the kids to see Santa on Wednesday at our local mall. The experience was fun I suppose. My husband stood in line while I chased the children from one gigantic toy to another to occupy the time (45 minutes). That isn't bad considering it is so close to Christmas day. When it was finally our turn, we approached Santa, my daughter uncharacteristacally gave Santa a huge hug and sat on his lap like she's know him forever. We sat the little guy down, he did ok too. They talked for a couple seconds then we got off the lap, picked out a photo, paid and moved on. Luckily we had parked illegally right in front of Santa's house so we were in the car in no time. This is when we had this conversation:
Brenley: Mommy, he didn't say Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas
Mommy: (thinks for a second, looks at daddy, nods in agreement) No he didn't, did he?
Brenley: Why?
Mommy: He wasn't feeling well, he ate too many cookies perhaps...
The end.
So the next morning I email everyone the cute little picture we took and tell the story, etc. I get a reply from my mom saying "they aren't allowed to say ho anymore becuase it might offend someone". PLEASE!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It was good to get your comment!
Thanks for saying hi!